Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Painting the kitchen (on Sep 19th, Kenny's birthday) allowed me to spend some quality time in the house. Totally peaceful and quiet. My presence seemed welcomed in that space.

The painting took about 8 hours for primary all around, 2 coats on ceiling, one coat on walls. Way longer than expected, but my arms and neck muscles did feel stronger. My head almost rolled backwards from my shoulders from all that ceiling work.

Had mixed feelings about the color when Lu said she thought it boring: it took me a few hours to shake it and still like the color cause it is soothing and shades vary depending on the light. If I had to do over, though, I'd do it in some light blue. Kitchen colors, I think should be primary and lively. But at this point, it will be one of many compromises. Looks like B.'s out of it, since no one has shown up since Sep 7th. Very encouraged by Bonnie's visit, though her enthusiasm was a little beyond my capacity to embrace. Glad she liked it all, the one lacking was the skylights in the balcony. Now that I think about it, we should've had at least one for the view. Oh well.

Now I'm worry about the real estate crash and having too much inventory. But multi's will hold better, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home