Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Male and Female orientations

After traveling with Felicia for 10 days, I must say that I was stretched to consider that acting from the feminine, aka right hemisphere (RH), aka focusing much more on my sensual, emotional experience of what is in my environment, may actually be functional and ---even rewarding! When I travel I typically put much emphasis on determining, finding, and scheduling what is the most interesting. Once I arrive at it, then I allow myself to experience it unfettered by management of my internal processes. Actually I realize this RH way is being more human than the nerd machinations. I shy away from it because trust is necessary and generally I don't yield to that for fear of ending in an undesirable state.

Felicia lets this RH way extend to interactions with people. She can 'get away' with saying stuff I often shutter at, stuff that has me thinking that what do they care if she likes dogs, etc. But her warm countenance makes anything she says go down happily. And maybe most people are not so critical as I. My key is to relax and have a ready smile and almost all people are happy to engage.

This new found respect for RH ways also has me re-examining how the lack of it has interfered in my relationships starting with my Mom and onto every girlfriend. It takes someone like Lu who has a strong male perspective to manage my tendency to extreme internal management.

This brings me to thinking that the feminine are in a better position to fully appreciate their more masculine counterpart (I try to generalize) than the reverse. That's my experience with Lu. How to bring out more of the feminine in myself and my companions? I dunno. But I will try starting with a ready smile and allow whatever comes to mind flower into manifestation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home