Just spent $4549 on a travel club under circumstances that prevented making an informed, thought-out decision. That prevention should've said "forget it". The come-on should've said "forget it". My behaviour in the past with these things should've said "forget it". The dangers and the high cost of traveling should've said "forget it". My discomfort and being on the fence should've said "forget it". The sales structure with the straw dog, the high price and then the 1/2 price which was way high and the "no backing out" should've said "forget it". This time in our situation should've said "forget it". I really can't say "no", the longer I stay, the more invested and more likely to say yes. This complicates my life.
Why didn't I?
Well, Lu wasn't against it, she felt it was a big company(lots of big companies sell stuff that reasonable people would'nt do it e.g. go crazy in whatever the fad), lots of people doing it (lots were killed e.g. smoking), we'll make our money back in 2 years (I've only the sales guy's word), with boomers-more traveling.
I have severe buyers remorse for buying without any independent information. That is how I got into Waterbury, I just am looking to make a quick buck and only others make it.
Lu to blame---why not?
I can rely on Lu to say it's ok. She would've said ok to the Whistler thing. It takes me awhile when making a fairly complicated decision. This intensifies my fear my discomfort about comitting given the history. Bottomline, I feel Lu is not engaged in the process adequately, she seems too quick to justify doing it.


1 Comments:
I worked with AMEX and their kindness got me excused from my mistake.
Post a Comment
<< Home